Monday 21 April 2014

Another sad story - but do you care?

What follows is derived from two recent comments (by the same author) on the website of a national newspaper:

I am 60 and have nothing.  I can't find work and subsist on JSA.  At my time of life I was hoping for so much more, having worked for 35 years. It's hard finding a job. I have had interviews but no one wants me.  I wish people would stop knocking benefit claimants.  We are not all lazy dossers but want to work.

Although unemployment appears to be falling, there are still more than TWO MILLION people out of work in this country.  Behind the statistics are lots of sad stories, but how many people really care?  Labour and Conservative and Liberal Democrat politicians do not.  Presumably neither do people who vote for those politicians - unless of course someone can put me right, but I doubt it.

If you are in work today then you could be out of work tomorrow.  If you have money today then you could be penniless tomorrow.  If you have friends and family today then you could be lonely tomorrow.

I have a suspicion that I have written similar words before.  Maybe I have.  Nevertheless the people of Britain need to be told over and over again that they should not trust evil politicians like Cameron, Clegg, and Miliband.

Related previous posts include:
The sad story of Chris from Hertfordshire
People need to get real
Jobs: the stats remain grim
Hundred applications: who is to blame?
Do you care about dry statistics?

No comments:

Post a Comment