Thursday 5 June 2014

When fat cats kill

Jaye Bloomfield is dead.  She was killed as she crossed a road in Manchester in August 2013.  She was killed by a speeding car driven by a black man called Michael Campbell.

Michael Campbell has not however been prosecuted for killing Miss Bloomfield because it appears that the thirty mile per hour speed limit on the road in question was not clearly marked.  In other words, Campbell did not know he was driving too fast.

I remember a few years ago walking in a town I rarely visit.  There was a paved footpath alongside the road, which was fine, except that it ran out shortly before a major roundabout.  I then had to walk on a grass verge, and was lucky that the ground was dry.  Then when I came to the roundabout, I had to make my way across a busy road without any crossing facilities.  Had I been in any way frail or disabled, then it would have been a frightening experience.

I reflected at the time that whoever designed this roundabout was either a moron or else someone with no concern for the welfare of pedestrians.  I reflected also that whoever designed the roundabout was probably very well paid.

Jaye Bloomfield is dead because the people responsible for road signage in Manchester made a mistake.  I wonder how much the people responsible for the mistake are paid.  I suspect that they are more likely to be fat cats than paupers.

In short, it appears that Jaye Bloomfield was killed by fat cats.  There are far too many people working in positions of authority in this country who seem to care more about the perks of the job than about their responsibility to do their job well.

Do you vote in elections for political parties which refuse to take a stand against fat cats?  If you do, then you could be voting for your own premature death as you walk across a road. You are certainly voting for your money to be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment