Thursday 29 May 2014

I hereby launch the Attainder Movement

The Attainder Movement is hereby officially launched.  Thus far it has just one supporter - myself.  Nevertheless I am hoping that it is destined to grow.  I doubt it, but please feel free to prove me wrong.

I believe in justice, and it is blatantly unfair that the United Kingdom does not prosecute and punish its war criminals.

I have never been called to serve on a jury, but that could change.  I have given this matter a lot of thought, and now I have reached the only reasonable conclusion.  If I am ever called to serve on a jury, then I will turn up at the court, but I will state clearly that I support the Attainder Movement.

I will explain that the Attainder Movement holds that the United Kingdom should pass an Act of Attainder whereby any living parliamentarian or former parliamentarian who has ever voted for British involvement in an illegal war will be declared a war criminal and sentenced to death.

I will assert that I will not as a juror return a verdict of guilty in any case whatsoever unless the alleged victim has publicly and unequivocally expressed support for the Attainder Movement.

It is important to note that not every crime has a victim, and also that some victims are dead.  Let us consider some examples.

If I am called to serve on the jury in the trial of someone accused of defrauding an insurance company, then I will not return a verdict of guilty unless the managing director of the insurance company expresses support for the Attainder Movement.

If I am called to serve on the jury in a murder trial, then I will not return a verdict of guilty unless the murdered person's next of kin express support for the Attainder Movement.

If I am called to serve on the jury in a trial which has no obvious victim, then I will probably require that the prosecuting barrister expresses public support for the Attainder Movement.  An example of such a trial would be Chris Huhne lying to avoid points on his driving licence.

My justification is simple.  If you do not expect justice for the victims of British war crimes, then you do not deserve justice for yourself.

Maybe I will never be called to serve on a jury.  If you are ever called to serve on a jury, then I hope that you will show support the Attainder Movement.  In the meantime, please show support by sharing this post on social media.

This link contains information about serving on a jury.  I cannot comment on how accurate it is.

Related previous posts include:
What is an Act of Attainder?
Ian Brady is right
Peace for more than one day
Questions for the warmonger Gove

No comments:

Post a Comment